IT accessibility evaluationsThe ATAC can perform no-cost evaluations of:
- Websites and online systems
- Documents, multimedia, and other instructional materials
- Online and traditional courses
- Software and hardware (e.g., media players, messaging clients, printers, print release stations, phones)
Evaluation services include a combination of:
- Expert reviews
- Technical evaluation focused on best practices
- Functional, user-centered evaluations
Planning for web & IT accessibility
Ensure maximum accessibility at the lowest costs by meeting with ATAC specialists early in the design stages. Remember: If it’s born digital, it should be born accessible. Remediation and rework takes time and can be expensive.
The ATAC provides consultations on the accessibility of your website, product, or service. Consultations include demonstrations of use by individuals with disabilities, compatibility with assistive technologies, reviewing evaluations, and discussing options for addressing accessibility.
Training & resourcesThe ATAC makes presentations, training, online how-to resources, and accessibility evaluation software tools available for IU faculty, staff, and students. Please see "Training & resources" for more information.
Evaluation request form
Need an evaluation? Complete the form and we will contact you within two business days.
Accessibility evaluations normally have a minimum two week turnaround time.